Sixteen Awesome Friend-Date Ideas
Once you’ve met someone and interacted on Just Platonic, the next logical step is to get together and get to know them in person. However, figuring out an activity that’s both fun AND allows you to get to know each other can be kind of a pain. So, we’ve decided to help you out by offering a list of sixteen friend-date ideas, some of which are completely free!
- Coffee and conversation.
- Dinner (or lunch or brunch)
- Pretend you’re a tourist and explore your city (bonus points if you actually pretend to be a tourist, complete with fake accents!)
- Hit up an art gallery or museum. Exhibits offer great conversation material!
- Attend a yoga or other exercise class
- Learn a new skill and get to know your new friend by taking lessons together (dance, cooking, painting).
- Karaoke! ‘Nuff said.
- Have dogs? Take them to a dog park (or dog-sit someone else’s for the day!)
- Instead of a coffee date, how about an ice cream sundae date?
- Spend the afternoon thrift shopping for the best deals
- Take to the golf course (yes, mini-golf counts too!)
- Go wine tasting
- Roller blading or ice skating
- Go hiking or mountain biking
- Spa date complete with mani’s and pedi’s
Ok, we admit, (1) and (2) are pretty conventional, but as the saying goes: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! So we had to include them on the list! And although some of these may sound a little ridiculous at first, the point is to get to know each other, not rock karaoke with your perfect singing voice. Take a chance, and have some fun while getting to know each other!
Do you have any other awesome friend-date ideas? If so, we’d love to hear them!!! Leave your suggestions in the comments below!